Eight more novel coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the city, and another 47 suspected cases were ruled out, the Shanghai Health Commission said on Saturday morning.
So far, the city has reported 326 infections and ruled out 1,586 suspected cases.
Seven of the newly diagnosed patients are from Wuhan, Hubei Province, and one lives in Xuihui District, Shanghai.
Among the 326 confirmed patients, aged between 7 months and 88 years old, 109 patients are from outside the city — 77 from Wuhan, 23 from other cities in Hubei Province, three from Jiangsu Province, two from Anhui Province, and one each from Heilongjiang, Hunan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
The commission said 218 patients are stable, five are in serious condition and 12 are critical. Ninety patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital. There has been one fatality. Another 143 suspected cases are undergoing tests.